Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 2

I weighed myself today when I woke up. I still weigh 176 lbs. I did not expect to lose weight in 1 day, I'm just getting used to stepping on that scale that I dread so much. How is it that a plastic object with magnets make me anxious? Oh I know how: I let the number define my self-worth. To get out of that mind-set I will be weighing myself when I don't need to, I just need to desensitize myself a bit to it.  
I got called in to work last night. I resisted the Doritos that we keep in the galley that I've gotten all too accustomed to munching on without thought or care.  I kept the junk out of my mouth all day yesterday. I did have a glass of wine when I got home this morning to unwind before I went to bed. It was really wonderful to have while watching Grey's.  This is all beside the point. The point is that working nights is a real hinderence to my health. I have poor sleep, low energy, and no solid sleep/wake cycle. I have to sleep when I'm tired, which is simultaneously always and never. I'm really looking forward to being done with work in May so I can feel like a human again.

No comments:

Post a Comment