Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Owning up

I have a fear of stepping on the scale. I hate my weight, always have. When I was in grade school I was very tall and skinny. Every year in gym class each student would take the state fitness test, which included being weighed. I would always weight about 20-30 lbs more than most girls my age, and always had 5-7 inches of height on them. I started getting teased about my weight at a very young age, even though you couldn't pinch a bit of fat off of me. My obsession with my weight began when I was in 5th grade, and progressed through high school where I developed very unhealthy habits that took me years to get over. I avoid scales because they make me feel bad about myself, and other than my weight I really like the person I've become.
This blog is for me to take possession and responsibility of my current weight, and stop letting that scale make me feel like I'm less of a person. My goal weight for 1 May 2012 is 160 lbs. My current weight as of  2 January is 178 lbs. At 5'11'' that makes my BMI 24.9, just under overweight. I am going to lose 18 lbs by making healthier food and drink choices and by adjusting my exercise routines.  This blog will allow me to open up about my weight issues and keep me motivated and accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment